e-MERLIN/VLBI National Facility
Trans-National access to e-MERLIN
Access to e-MERLIN for Scientists from EU Countries: e-MERLIN is one of the participating institutes in the RadioNet project from which transnational access (TNA) within the EU to existing observing facilities is financially supported. TNA support envisaged for the RadioNet3 provision from January 1st 2012 includes travel reimbursement for data reduction visits to the e-MERLIN support facility in JBCA Manchester for TNA-enabled programmes.
The members of the research team from eligible projects may also receive travel subsidies through the EC's RadioNet trans-national access (TNA) program. In the specific case of the e-MERLIN, "eligible" means in brief that:
- The PI is from an institute in a country of the EU or Associated States, with the exception of the UK.
- The same criterion, but applied collectively to 50% or more of the individual members of the research team.
- The research team is defined by the co-authors listed on the observing proposal, and the association of researcher with institute remains fixed at that shown on the proposal.
Requested TNA Acknowledgment
If you have a MERLIN or e-MERLIN project that is eligible for support via the RadioNet TNA program, would you please include the appropriate acknowledgment in papers, conference proceedigs, etc. that result from the project:
Projects having observations in the time span 2004-2008:
- This work has benefited from research funding from the European Commission Sixth Framework Programme under RadioNet R113CT 2003 5058187.
Projects having observations in the time span 2009-2011:
- This work has been supported by the European Commission Framework Programme 7, Advanced Radio Astronomy in Europe, grant agreement No. 227290.
Projects having observations in the time span 2012-2015:
- The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Commission Seventh Framework Programme (FP/2007-2013) under grant agreement No. 283393 (RadioNet3).
For further information or enquires regarding claims or eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodrell Bank Observatory,
Cheshire SK11 9DL,
Telephone: +44 (0)1477 571321,
Facsimile: +44 (0)1477 571618,